Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wedding Anniversary--18 years

Since moving to Tanzania, I've wanted to see the coast which is on the Indian Ocean. Ed, not being a "beachy" kind of guy hasn't been too interested. Through a string of events, the beach is where we ended up to celebrate a belated 18th anniversary.

We had stayed at a fairly nice hotel in Dar with an OMEGA Vision Team and spent the night on the 13th floor in 87 degree weather, with no A/C, or open window. As we prepared to return to Dodoma the following day, we realized we were having problems with the springs on the truck, necessitating another overnight stay.
The staff from the hotel was trying desperately to make up for the previous sleepless night and offered a drastically reduced price at one of the sister lodges on the beach.
The beach was beautiful and we had a very relaxing time.



As we were reflecting on the past 18 years, he asked me if I had known that we would end up in Africa, would I have still married him.
I asked him how he would have felt if I told him I planned for us to be in Africa in 18 years.
We both just laughed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mike S. said...

Every time I read something from the two of you, I get tears in my eyes (Ed knows that doesn't happen often!). Would I have dreamed you would be in Africa when you first came to Aldersgate? No way. Nor would I have believed I would be living in Colorado today. God has a sense of humor...and bigger plans that we could ever dream or imagine. We miss you two!