Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Glory Girls

Although, we have known one another for many, many years, the Glory Girls have officially been meeting since 1996. We no longer have our regular Friday "get togethers", but still the bond we share is beyond words.. I would estimate there is probably 45 years separating the oldest from the youngest. The things I have gained from my friendship with these ladies is immeasurable. We have prayed, cared, shared, cried, and laughed through just about anything life could bring along. What a blessing they have been to me the past 12 years.

I love this photo taken in January 2008 and I am sure we are laughing at something our sweet Linda has said. She is in the center with the innocent look on her face.
Earlier this year, Linda became a real "Glory Girl" and the rest of us are experiencing the loss of one of our own. I am missing her quick wit, openness, and her friendship. I can't imagine returning to the States and her not being there. In our communication, since we have been in Tanzania, Linda fretted over the idea we were living in a "mud hut". Once she was assured it was not a mud hut, she decided it was an "Out of Africa" type of house with sweeping verandas, and open rooms........wrong again. She always had such a vivid imagination and questions about what she imagined life to be like here. When I told her I was thinking about "blogging", she had several creative ideas to include, one of which was photos on the development of the bananas we have growing in our yard.

So, Linda, the next blog "Yes, We Have No Bananas......." is for you.
See ya in Glory........Girl!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: