Saturday, August 23, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

On Friday afternoons, the children at Aldersgate school go to "chapel". The Muslim students leave the school grounds and attend mosque in town, other kids go home, and still others stay at school for devotion. Last year, my friend's daughters, E, H, M, and their friend, P, would come to the house on Friday afternoons. We have made countless cookies, painted toenails, played games, drank sodas, built tents, climbed trees, and all kids of other things kids love to do. They have cooked some dishes for us, even showing me how to make ugali, a most favored food for Tanzanians.



We haven't been able to continue our visits since January as I have been working in the school office 5 full days a week. The girls and I have missed each other, so I took off this past Friday afternoon and we got together again. Their mom wanted their hair cut, so we sat outside and cut 3 heads of hair, drank mango juice, and ate popcorn. A recent visitor left a box of "beanie babies", so the girls each picked one out to take home with them.
I loved "E"'s choice!!!!
This is the next best thing to my precious grand kids in the US.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohhh I miss seeing "E's" wonderful face!!! and her insanely funny faces:)