Saturday, February 20, 2010

Creative Cooking

I love my man and when he's returning from a long trip, I love to have a good meal made for him when he gets home. Today was no exception. He's been in Babati (6 hours away) most of the week. In the freezer, I discovered some pork ribs from a pig we had butchered a few months ago and decided to do them up right.

I found a tasty sounding recipe and went to work only to discover the ribs wouldn't fit into my pan. So if you don't have "short ribs"...what do you do?........You make them into short ribs.

We brought a wonderful selection of new, SHARP, knives back from the States, only to be wounded numerous times by those slippery utensils. After slicing my thumb, I discovered, this shiny new knife was not what I needed to break those ribs.

 

Next, I retrieve my trusty panga (see the following story) from under the seat of the truck, wash it up good with bleach and start pounding away at those bones. This was not successful.
 

By now, our watchman is doubled over, laughing at me and I am all the more determined to get those ribs into a pan. I tell him to get a saw and he laughs even harder. Again, I go through the bleach washing and start sawing away at those ribs. It worked.
 

Ed will be home in just a few minutes and will be able to smell those ribs when he pulls into the drive way.
By the way.......I'm off to play Bunco, so he'll have to dine alone........that man that I love.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

You really need a cooking show on Food Channel, you know.

Ed & Debra Lloyd said...

That would be fun....I could use all my "Find Cuisine" recipes. Love ya, Rhody.