Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Friendly Pepper Upper

I have been drinking Dr. Pepper since I was a little girl. My precious Uncle Price had a Dr. Pepper bottling plant in Pecos, Texas. Dr. Pepper, along with Nehi Grape were the only beverages served when we had family gatherings. I have never strayed from my faithfulness to DP and was appalled when my children, at some point chose the other "coke" as their beverage of choice.

Each time we return to the US, business at Sonic increases as I make my daily run for my DP with "good ice". I heard rumors, which I came to Tanzania, that Dr. Pepper was spotted occasionally in Nairobi, Kenya and sometimes in Dar es Salaam. After 2 years, I made my first trip to Dar es Salaam a few weeks ago. We happened on a small grocery store that caters to "ex-patriots" and imagine my surprise when I found Dr. Pepper in a 1.5 litre bottle.....priced at $5. I could only bring myself to purchase one bottle. It tasted so good..........more like the Dublin Dr. Pepper we get in Texas. I did my best to stretch it out over several days and it eventually went flat............but even that was good.

"I'm a Pepper....you're a Pepper.......wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too???"

Posted by Picasa

No comments: